Kia Ora Te Pihinga families.
We trust your holidays went well.
Lyndon and I are excited about what Term Two will bring for our learners.
Nuts and Bolts:
- Our library day is still on Wednesday.
- Every Child requires headphones for school.
- Most notices go out via this blog or seesaw ... but please check your children's bags for notices every now and then.
- Toys are not a good idea to bring to school. Last term we had a lot of stealing take place. We have plenty of wet day activities for your children to do if stuck inside.
- Reading books that go home. Last term we noticed a lot of books either did not make it home or were not read at home. Because of this, we have decided to change the way we send readers home. For this week your child will not bring home a home reader until FRIDAY. Then they will bring home 4 books - that they have read during the week and they can keep them at home until the following FRIDAY. Then we will exchange books for the next week. This allows your child to read at their leisure - also allowing reading to take place during the weekends if your weeknights are jam-packed with activities - or your child is too tired to enjoy this experience with a family member. Please ensure your child has a reading bag especially heading into wetter weather. Home readers will ONLY come home with learners who are reading on the colour wheel (red to purple levels). Our more independent readers are encouraged to choose a book of their choice and read independently each night for at least 20 minutes. Please pop in to see Wendy or Lyndon if you are unsure where your child is at with their reading.
- School Reports. Some learners will bring home school reports at the end of Week 3 this term. Some learners will bring home school reports at the end of Week 10 this term. We send home reports at different times of the year depending on your child's birthdate and/or time spent at school.
- We are LOVING seesaw and it is so great to see so many parents interacting with their children. If you are having any problems with Seesaw please pop in to see one of us.
And lastly please remember we are available to chat with you if you need us. Please either email to make a time or come between 8.20 and 8.50 as after that we do need to be available for our learners and their needs.
Wendy and Lyndon.