This week we have many of our learners taking part in the Weetbix Tryathlon - it is so great to see you having a go at something new - Kia Kaha!
We also have been doing a lot of standardised testing over the past week and it has been great to see our tamariki persevere and not get upset by these tests. We use these tests to refine personalised learning tasks to your child's needs.
We are about to share with you an email that asks you to sign up to our new way of sharing your child's learning - this is via the app SEESAW.
We are no longer using blogs as the app that made it really easy to post learning experiences no longer exists and SEESAW is a great replacement. We will share with you all the relevant information and please be patient as we are also learning how this new system works. We will continue to have this Class Blog.
Our school guidelines are as follows:
Through using Seesaw students will be able to:
- Share their learning with families
- Actively act as responsible online digital citizens
- Learn about staying safe online
- Develop and use the language of Learning through sharing not only finished products but the process of learning too.
- Understand and use the co-constructed criteria to support robust posting of learning.
- Make good choices around what they wish to post on their site and justify their decisions (Age appropriate)
- The frequency of posting can vary between students. Some support/tracking of this may be necessary.
- Teachers will use opportunities within Seesaw to enhance cross-competency skills and key attitudes.
It has been wonderful to hear from families how happy their children are and how they are really noticing how 'grown up' and 'independent' their children are with packing their bags.... bringing home readers and making good learning choices.
We love this positive feedback!
And last but not least Mr Young will be on release on
Friday and Mrs Scott will be at school ..... we feel an ART DAY coming on ......
Have a great week
Wendy and Lyndon.